Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Last night, my dad said his throat was uncomfortable so I gave him the medicine. Just a moment ago, he told me that he also take some on his own last night. Then, I found out that the medicine he took was 600mg! That medicine was the same as the one I gave him, which was 200mg and should be consumed three times per day. The one he took was 600mg, and it should be consumed only one pack per day. The two different portions of medicine were prescribed by different doctors. If he is not very uncomfortable, he only needs 200mg. I was scared when I heard he had 600mg on the same day. Fortunately, he only drank one third of the cup (powder medicine). I told him if he want to take medicine in the future, ask us for help.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Read your writing more carefully in future before posting. You've made some basic grammatical errors that I know you can fix yourself. Fix the following parts before reposting:

Last night, my dad said his throat was uncomfortable so I gave him the medicine. Just a moment ago, he told me that he also take some on his own last night. Then, I found out that the medicine he took was 600mg! That medicine was the same as the one I gave him, which was 200mg and should be consumed three times per day. The one he took was 600mg, and it should be consumed only one pack per day. The two different portions of medicine were prescribed by different doctors. If he is not very uncomfortable, he only needs 200mg. I was scared when I heard he had 600mg on the same day. Fortunately, he only drank one third of the cup (powder medicine). I told him if he want to take medicine in the future, ask us for help.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Corrected version:

Last night, my dad said his throat was uncomfortable so I gave him the medicine. Just a moment ago, he told me that he also took some on his own last night. Then, I found out that the medicine he took was 600mg! That medicine was the same as the one I gave him, which was 200mg and should be consumed three times per day. The one he took was 600mg, and it should be consumed only one pack per day. The two different portions of medicine were prescribed by different doctors. If he is not very uncomfortable, he only needs 200mg. I was scared when I heard he had 600mg on the same day. Fortunately, he only drank one third of the cup (powder medicine). I told him if he wants to take medicine in the future, ask us for help.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would say he had a sore throat.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How much medicine is he supposed to be taking? Did he take it all at once instead of three times a day (which he was supposed to do)?

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Corrected version:

Last night, my dad said his throat was uncomfortable so I gave him the medicine. Just a moment ago, he told me that he also took some on his own last night. Then, I found out that the medicine he took was 600mg! That medicine was the same as the one I gave him, which was 200mg and should be consumed three times per day. The one he took was 600mg, and it should be consumed only one pack per day. The two different portions of medicine were prescribed by different doctors. If he is not very uncomfortable, he only needs 200mg. I was scared when I heard he had 600mg on the same day. Fortunately, he only drank one third of the cup (powder medicine). I told him if he wants to take medicine in the future, ask us for help.

Thank you. Don't be so lazy next time.

Can you see what's wrong with the red 'the'? Change it to a different word.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
How much medicine is he supposed to be taking? Did he take it all at once instead of three times a day (which he was supposed to do)?
Only take it when necessary. There are two types of package:
200mg/package, three times a day.
600mg/package, once a day. (when serious)

If not serious, he needs only 200mg. However, last night, I gave him 200mg, and after a few hours, he took 600mg package but only drank one third of it. The limit is 600mg per day.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Thank you. Don't be so lazy next time.

Can you see what's wrong with the red 'the'? Change it to a different word.
Some medicine?

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Some medicine?

Yes! Well done.

The two different portions of medicine were prescribed by different doctors.

This is the wrong word. Find out the correct word to use to talk about a precise number of milligrams of a medicine that a person should take at one time. The word begins with the letter 'd'.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Only take it when necessary. There are two types of package:
200mg/package, three times a day.
600mg/package, once a day. (when serious)

If not serious, he needs only 200mg. However, last night, I gave him 200mg, and after a few hours, he took 600mg package but only drank one third of it. The limit is 600mg per day.
So he didn't exactly follow the instructions, right?