Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My mum has seen me practicing English over the past weeks so she has started to learn English too. She often tells me that If she had study English in secondary school, she could go travel alone now. I’m sure to say nothing would change even if that had happened because she would simply forget what she had learned in school as how she forgets French. Her school mandated students to learn French. After all these years, my mum only remembers five French words.

@Maybo I'm certain that you know that "if she had study" is wrong. Note that "as how" is wrong too. While you have time, edit post #1 and fix those errors (if you can).

Rivised:

My mum has seen me practicing English over the past weeks so she has started to learn English too. She often tells me that If she had studied English in secondary school, she could go travel alone now. I’m sure to say nothing would change even if that had happened because she would simply forget what she had learned in school like how she has forgotten French. Her school mandated students to learn French. After all these years, my mum only remembers five French words.

Revised:

My mum has seen me practicing English over the past weeks so she has started to learn English too. She often tells me that if she had studied English in secondary school, she could go travelling alone now. I’m sure to say nothing would change even if that had happened it wouldn't make any difference because by now she would simply forget have forgotten what she had learned in school, like how just as she's has forgotten all the French she learnt. Her school mandated forced students to learn study French but, after all these years, my mum she only remembers only five French words.

I might say:

She has decided she wants to learn English too.

That's an interesting development. 🙂 No doubt she can learn from her daughter, who is way ahead of her. 🙂

No doubt she can learn from her daughter, who is way ahead of her. 🙂
She tried but gave up in two days. She's now watching Youtube videos to learn English. :ROFLMAO:

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back