Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, since I've been learning Japanese, I've had a lot of questions about it. I once asked a question in a forum, but unfortunately, they deleted my question because they said the question was asked many times. I did read some similar questions before I asked but they weren't exactly the same question as mine. Most importantly, I'm just a beginner, some members used difficult examples or language to explain the concept in those threads, and I didn't understand. Fortunately, I've found a forum that allows me to ask simple questions. 😤

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, Since I've been learning Japanese, I've had a lot of questions to ask lately about it. I once asked (posted) a question in a forum, but unfortunately, they deleted my question because they said the question was had been asked many times. I did read up on some similar questions before I asked but they weren't exactly the same question as mine. Most importantly, while I'm just a beginner, some members used difficult examples or language to explain (in their explanation) the concept in those threads, and which I didn't understand. Fortunately, I've found a forum that allows me to ask simple questions (and gives simple and clear answers). 😤

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Those members replied to the thread asked by other members, which I read up on.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First of all, I'd say you're not really a beginner. Why do I say that? You can ask questions about it. And you can do it in Japanese. However, you do seem to be more advanced in English than you are in Japanese, and that makes sense, because many residents of Hong Kong speak English as a first or second language. (So I've heard. 😊)

More later.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
First of all, I'd say you're not really a beginner. Why do I say that? You can ask questions about it. And you can do it in Japanese. However, you do seem to be more advanced in English than you are in Japanese, and that makes sense, because many residents of Hong Kong speak English as a first or second language. (So I've heard. 😊)

More later.
I am a beginner. :ROFLMAO: I asked Japanese questions in English, and I just started chapter 5 of a elementary Japanese textbook. :ROFLMAO:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo I guess you're right. I was wrong. You are way more advanced in English than you are in Japanese.
😊

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Post #1

**Since I've started learning Japanese, I've had a lot of questions about it.**

In my opinion, the phrasing indicates a systematic study and not passive learning. Although they ("study" and "learn") are different words with different meanings, sometimes there is some overlap.

***One time I asked a question in a Japanese language forum, but they deleted my thread because that question had already been asked several times.***

Tell me if you think I got that right, okay?

*****I did read some threads about similar questions, but they weren't the same as mine.*****

******Most importantly, because I'm just a beginner I had trouble understanding some of the explanations.*****

*******Fortunately, I've found a forum where I can ask questions and get simple, easy to understand answers.*******

There!

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

Those members replied to a thread started by somebody else, and I posted something in that thread.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I read responses to similar questions that had been posted by other members.