Diary - Tomorrow I finally can celebrate my mother’s belated birthday in a hotel restaurant.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Tomorrow I finally can celebrate my mother’s belated birthday in a hotel restaurant. She is happy that she will take beautiful photos and post them to the social media. In the past few year, my mother’s birthday always encountered the peak of covid so the dinning-in was banned. After the meal, we will go to the flower market. She’s been addicted to succulents lately. One of her favourites is lithops.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps;

Tomorrow I can finally celebrate my mother's birthday in a hotel restaurant. (Her birthday was yesterday, but better late than never.)

She is planning to take photos and post them on social media.

During the past few years we couldn't dine out because of Covid restrictions. Thankfully, that is over.

After the meal we will go to the plant store. She has been addicted to succulents lately. One of her favorites is lithops.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Tomorrow, I we finally can finally, belatedly, celebrate my mother’s belated birthday in at a hotel restaurant. She is happy that she will be able to take beautiful photos and post them to the on social media. In the past few years, my mother’s birthday always encountered fell during the peak of a Covid lockdown so the dinning dining no hyphen here in was banned. After the meal, we will go to the flower market. She’s been addicted to very keen on succulents lately. One of her favourites is lithops.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My friend Liz likes plants and is also interested in succulents. I'm going to tell her to ask if they have lithops the next time she goes to the plant store.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo Lithops I never heard of a plant that looks like stones before. It doesn't look like a plant at all.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo How is your mom? Did she have an enjoyable birthday dinner?