Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I've grown the vegetables are self-grown by myself, I will eat them raw. I'm trying to grow them but many of them are dead. :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully your gardening skills will improve and you can get some great homegrown veg into you!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo I would say:

I've been trying to grow them, but many of them have died on me.

I get that you don't want to get sick, but I wouldn't worry if I were you. If you order a steak well done it's going to be thoroughly cooked.

Have you tried tomatoes? They're not hard to grow. Also, it might not work well on a balcony, but if you plant cherry tomatoes one year the next year they will come up on their own.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I've been trying to grow them, but many of them are dead failed.

Vegetable salads, despite the goodness they contain, are not in Chinese cuisine. The closest to salads are vegetables used as accompaniment (cucumber and tomatoes with roasted meat) and garnishing (spring onions and coriander). There are also pickled vegetables served as entrees.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I've been trying to grow them, but many of them are dead failed.
I don't think the first part goes with the last part. Perhaps: "I tried to grow them but failed." There's a finality about that that indicates that the person has given up. If I'm still trying I might say, "I've been trying to grow them but so far without success." Or: "I've been trying to grow them but so far no luck."