Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi, everyone. Please check the picture I attached. I'm describing the sixth stage. Should I use 'gained from', 'resulted from' or 'resulting from'?

The clean small pieces gained from/resulted from/resulting from the last stage are then poured into a machine where they are turned into plastic pellets.

plastic2 copy.jpg

Resulting from is best.

Resulting from is best.
Thanks. I don't understand why use the active voice instead of the passive voice. I first used 'resulted from', then Google Docs suggests 'resulting from'. Could you explain?

Result is an intransitive verb. It has no passive-voice form.

The clean small pieces [STRIKE]gained[/STRIKE] from [STRIKE]/resulted from/resulting[/STRIKE] (from the last stage) are then poured into a machine where they are turned into plastic pellets.
It would be even better if you omit the text in parenthesis.

The clean small pieces [STRIKE]gained[/STRIKE] from [STRIKE]/resulted from/resulting[/STRIKE] (from the last stage) are then poured into a machine where they are turned into plastic pellets.
It would be even better if you omit the text in parenthesis.
Thanks. Do you mean the two versions below are the better?

The clean small pieces are then poured into a machine where they are turned into plastic pellets.
The clean small pieces from the last stage are then poured into a machine where they are turned into plastic pellets.

I like the shorter version.

How about produced in/by?

I'd use "small clean", not "clean small". Size comes before quality in the normal order of adjectives.

I'm not sure why you need to mention that they're clean unless it's to distinguish those from the dirty ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back