History is not an easy subject as I though it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica17

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
Canada
Could I request someone to catch my mistakes, please?

History is not an easy subject as I thought it would be. I am finding it a bit challenging for me as this subject requires a lot of research, interpreting and reading. Before my idea was that I only would be memorizing and repeating all the past events, dates and names. Now that I am going deep into my course I realize that this subject has a lot of learning process. I hope to enjoy it more and continue taking more history courses in future.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Could I request someone to catch my mistakes, please?

History is not such an easy subject as I thought it would be. I am finding it a bit challenging [STRIKE]for me[/STRIKE] as this subject requires a lot of research, interpreting and reading. Before, my idea was that I would only be memorizing and repeating all the past events, dates and names. Now that I am [STRIKE]going[/STRIKE] deep into my course, I realize that this subject requires a lot of learning [STRIKE]process[/STRIKE]. I hope to enjoy it more and continue taking more history courses in future.
Let me know if you don't understand the corrections.

Monica17

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
Canada
If it is possible, I would like your help to understand where to put "only". It seems like I always put it in the wrong spot. I also have a punctuation problem. I have added my previous posts.

My original sentence:
I have read-only one book every two months.
Correction: I have only read one book every two months.

My original sentence: Before my idea was that I only would be memorizing and repeating all the past events, dates and names.
Correction: Before, my idea was that I would only be memorizing and repeating all the past events, dates and names.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
1. "I have only read one book every two months." - This is not a likely natural sentence wherever you put "only".

2. 'Would' is a modal verb. We would usually put 'only' after it (as I have done with 'usually' in this one).
There's no easy solution to this. You need to collect examples of good English sentences and use the forms they use.
I can't think of any normal instances where you'd put 'only' before 'would', 'could', or 'should', if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.