I can't agree with the view that death is the end.

Anna232

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
It is not an answer to a question. Just sharing my opinion about some spiritual matters. Are my corrections right? I thought it would be better if I tried to correct them myself first.

1.I can't agree with the view that death is the end. I believe that after death we can continue our way in a new world or in heaven.
The corrected version: I can't agree with the view that death is the end. I believe that after death we can continue our existance in a new world or in Heaven. I think "heaven" and "hell" is usually capitalized.

2. Even if a person doesn't believe in Hell or Heaven, they could believe in life after death. Maybe our mind or conscioushness could continue its journey after our death.
Even if a person doesn't believe in Hell or Heaven, they could believe in life after death. Maybe our mind or consciousness could continue their journey after death. I removed "our." I am not sure if I should add "the" before "life after death." I used "could" to talk about a suggestion.

3. People who are afraid of death are concentrated on their fright, so they can't enjoy their life, can't feel absolutely happy. They are afraid of many things in life and they could feel anxiety that make their life depressed.
People who are afraid of death are focused on their fear, so they can't enjoy their life, or feel absolutely happy. They are afraid of many things in life and they feel anxious and depressed. (I do know such people.)

1. [ 1] I can't agree with the view that death is the end. I believe that after death, we can continue our way in a new world or in heaven.

The corrected version:
I can't agree with the view that death is the end. I believe that after death we can continue our existance in a new world or in Heaven.
[ 1]: Please put a space after a punctuation mark.
The first version is better. See above.
I think "heaven" and "hell" is usually capitalized.
No.
2. Even if a person doesn't believe in Hell or Heaven, they could believe in life after death. Maybe our mind or conscioushness could continue its journey after our death.
As I said, "hell" and "heaven" should not be capitalized. Also, you should install an English spell-checker in your editor. Note "consciousness".
I removed "our".
It's optional.
I am not sure if I should add "the" before "life after death".
No. Don't.
I used "could" to talk about a suggestion.
OK.
3. People who are afraid of death are concentrated fixated on their fright, fear, so they can't enjoy their life, and can't [ 2] feel absolutely happy.
[ 2]: Here, you can also say "can't experience true happiness".
They are afraid of many things in life and they (often) could feel anxiety that make their life anxious and depressed.

People who are afraid of death are focused on their fear, so they can't enjoy their life nor feel absolutely happy. They are afraid of many things in life and they feel anxious and depressed. (I do know such people.)

There are a lot of "maybes" there. I'm not sure you're sure.

Also, you should install an English spell-checker in your editor. Note "consciousness".
It won't let me install it on my phone. :(

It won't let me install it on my phone. :(
That's a shame. Can you change the language of your keyboard to English so it recognises spelling errors? I have two keyboards on my phone - English and Spanish. It's really easy to switch between the two.
I would say, though, that this forum is much easier to use on a laptop/desktop than a phone.

That's a shame. Can you change the language of your keyboard to English so it recognises spelling errors? I have two keyboards on my phone - English and Spanish. It's really easy to switch between the two.
I would say, though, that this forum is much easier to use on a laptop/desktop than a phone.
Thank you. I think I will have to use my laptop instead. :/

The word "can" makes it seem like an option. Or maybe the writer is just not sure. If I really believed that I might say:

I believe that after death we continue our existence in another form.

Or something like that.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back