I have a feeling some antiquated Chinese instruments....

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
A friend of mine performed in a local hall in Edinburgh and he showed me some pictures of the performance. He said he was surprised to see some Chinese instruments in the orchestra. He also mentioned the Zheng used by a Chinese instrumentalist. In my reply to his message, I said:

I have a feeling some antiquated Chinese instruments will become a hit in the coming 20 years.

The intended meaning is "China's now developing fast and many people study overseas, more and more things with Chinese elements will be seen by people in foreign countries and this includes the instruments from China". I don't know if "antiquated Chinese instruments" is good but I suppose it's not. Instruments like Zheng and Pipa and even Konghou are rarely used in the past few decades but common during ancient Chinese, these instruments have a long history behind them. With the rapid development of the economy, people's time are freed up for such creative pursuits. I have a feeling that such instruments and other things with Chinese elements will become very pop in the future, within 20 years.

Please help me with a natural expression of the italic sentence.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think you mean those instruments were commonly used in the past, they have not been used much in the past few decades, but they may make a comeback.