Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1) I have already exceeded my working hours by ten minutes. I am not allowed to work overtime.

2) I have gone past my working hours and I am not working overtime. I have to leave for the day.

3) I have gone past my working hours by ten minutes and I am not working overtime. I have to leave for the day.

4) I have worked my shift hours already and I am not working overtime.

Please check these sentences.

Who are you saying that to?

I am sure your employer wouldn't mind you working past your working hours. The question is whether you will be paid for overtime work.

Last edited:
Tufguy, there's a big difference between "I am not allowed to work overtime" and "I am not working overtime". The latter means "I refuse to work overtime". All your versions (grammatical or otherwise) sound quite combative.

My shift ended ten minutes ago and I don't get paid for overtime so I'm going home. Bye, everyone!

Tufguy, there's a big difference between "I am not allowed to work overtime" and "I am not working overtime". The latter means "I refuse to work overtime". All your versions (grammatical or otherwise) sound quite combative.

My shift ended ten minutes ago and I don't get paid for overtime so I'm going home. Bye, everyone!

Yes, I know the difference. Could you please correct my sentences?

There's no point our correcting all of them. Which one do you actually want to use?

3) I have gone past my working hours by ten minutes and I am not working overtime. I have to leave for the day..
Try: I finished work ten minutes ago. I'm leaving.

How about

4) I have already worked my shift hours and I am not doing overtime.

Or:

I don't get paid to work overtime. I'm done for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back