[Grammar] If many apples are bad. Then which the below sentences correctly describes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joes12345

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
If many apples are bad. Then which the below sentences correctly describes that many apples are bad.

1. An apple are bad. Such apples are many in number.
  2. An apple are bad. Such an apple is many in number.

I tried to find "such" meaning it refers to "type". I am not too sure.
I really need to know which one is correct because I need to build upon these sentences. I need to make sentences in that format.
Pls help.
Tks in advance Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]If many apples are bad. Then[/STRIKE] Which of the [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] sentences below correctly [STRIKE]describes[/STRIKE] expresses that many apples are bad?

1. An apple [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is bad. Such apples are many in number. :tick: Now both sentences are grammatically correct but they don't mean anything.
  2. An apple [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is bad. Such an apple is many in number. :cross:

I tried to find the meaning of "such". [STRIKE]meaning[/STRIKE] I think it [STRIKE]refers to[/STRIKE] means "type" but I am not too sure.
I really need to know which one is correct because I need to build upon these sentences. I need to make sentences in that format.
[STRIKE]Pls[/STRIKE] Please help.
[STRIKE]Tks[/STRIKE] Thanks in advance.
Joe

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

I don't really understand what you're trying to do. I think you might mean something like "Some apples are bad. There are many such apples." However, even that doesn't make a lot of sense. Either "some" or "many" apples are bad.

Please take careful note of my corrections above. Don't use non-standard English (chatlish/textspeak) on the forum. Neither "pls" nor "tks" exist.

Why do you need to construct sentences in this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.