[Grammar] I'm glad to have found Master's of Business And Social Media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this okay to use in letter of application for a university?

Which one is better?

1. I'm glad to have found Master's of Business And Social Media. It is the right program for me.

2. I'm glad that I found Master's of Business And Social Media. It is the right program for me.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. I'm glad to have found the Master's of Business and Social Media program. It is the right program for me.

2. I'm glad that I found the Master's of Business and Social Media program. It is the right program for me.
They're both possible.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
They're both possible.

How can I avoid the repetition of program?

Doesn't this work?

I'm glad that I found the Master's of Business and Social Media. It is the right program for me.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How can I avoid the repetition of program?

Doesn't this work?

I'm glad that I found the Master's of Business and Social Media. It is the right program for me.

No. What's a "Master's of Business and Social Media"?

You could say "I'm glad I found the Master's of Business and Social Media program. It's the right one for me."

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
To follow on from what we discussed in a previous thread, I think the of should be an in. You can be a master of something but you have/do a Master's (degree) in a subject.

GoesStation—just to be clear—did you overlook the preposition choice or did you consider it correct?

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To follow on from what we discussed in a previous thread, I think the of should be an in. You can be a master of something but you have/do a Master's (degree) in a subject.

GoesStation—just to be clear—did you overlook the preposition choice or did you consider it correct?

I missed it, probably because "master's in" is, I think, a much more common combination, though in a different context. We often say things like He has a master's in chicken plucking; we don't state the names of graduate degree programs nearly as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.