International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends, I didn't know that Nain was being discussed. Stop worrying. Nain is alright. He has got some additional trainees and work at hand and his boss is always with him, that's the reason he cannot visit the site. He has promised that he would be online from Monday, no matter what.

Detective P, I TOLD you: Always discuss with me whenever you take up a new project. All that you had to do was ASK me and I would have told you about Nain. See, how many people have wasted their energies discussing him when he is happily working away.
But I think you have to set up a hunt for MSE. Last I heard was that she was going a-travelling.

Hi, everybody, a very special friend of mine, Heidita, recommended me the site, so, here I am, I'm always willing to learn new vocabulary and it's a great oportunity!
Welcome, WIL.... Nice meeting you. Heidi is a sweet-heart!!! :up::up::up:

Hope to see you in the forum often.

Re: Getting to know about Usingenglish.com

Hi guys! :-D
Inspired by the exmple of Heidita and Wil_Ibanez, I was wondering how YOU got to know about Usingenglish.com? ;-) Did you find it on your own (if yes, in what circumstances?) or maybe somebody recommended it to you?

I encountered it when I was looking for a full list of the irregular verbs for a grammar class at my college.. I enrolled, subscribed to the monthly newsletter, and my adventure with the forums here started! :-D

Cheers,
Seba :cool:

Hello Seba.
I got to know about the site when I was looking for correct sentence formation. The sentence that I had doubt with was : Is it ok to use the word "Excepting" in the following manner? "Excepting Bob, the rest of the members were present." I think Naampalao replied to my thread and then I thought that I would register myself and see what's it all about. The rest is history. Now, I am completely addicted to this forum.:up::up::up::-D

Jomo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is soooooooooooooooo good to see you, again! It has been a very long time since our last correspondence! :up:

Give us more context for your question! What continent are you looking at? Do you want to go to study, work, or retire??????

I'd pick Sydney, Australia... San Diego, California.....and Portland, Oregon.

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi!

Yeah, it's been a long time.

Well, I was having college exams so I didn't able to online for a moment. However, I just finished my semester 1 exam. :)

How are you mate?

I'm just wondering. I'd like to know people's opinion about the best city in the future, for instance, the views.

Well... It can be any cities such as Tokyo, Los Angeles, Sydney, etc.

And don't forget to give a reason for your answer. ^.^

Welcome JOMO and SEBA to the forum.

For Seba's querry, I found the UsingEnglish.com while browsing the net and after visiting it, I found it useful and that very moment I registered. Now I am a regular. Only thing I miss in it is that there are no regular features on English literature, both classic and contemporary. This website would be lot richer if they included classic and Nobel prize winning novels, poems, essays, short-stories etc. and would be helpful to all the students of English.

Dear Jomo, the best city in the world is not outside but inside your heart. Start looking at World around you in appreciating manner, thank God for all the facilities available in your place, compare them with those cities which have'nt got such aminities, and then you would be happy. As far as career is concerned, first complete your education and then the opportunities would knock on your door and they would take you to the city where you would be earning your bread and butter. Rest leave it to God and enjoy yourself.

THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD IS WHERE I LIVE; THE REASON : I LIVE IN IT.

Friends, I didn't know that Nain was being discussed. Stop worrying. Nain is alright. He has got some additional trainees and work at hand and his boss is always with him, that's the reason he cannot visit the site. He has promised that he would be online from Monday, no matter what.

Detective P, I TOLD you: Always discuss with me whenever you take up a new project. All that you had to do was ASK me and I would have told you about Nain. See, how many people have wasted their energies discussing him when he is happily working away.
But I think you have to set up a hunt for MSE. Last I heard was that she was going a-travelling.

Sorry! I wasn't be able to catch you when my idea was at hand to come to mind! But still am wondering how to take up a new project on MSE while it's not going to be resultful at all? :) Anytime that I'm taking a look on pages of reports about missing of MSE, it happens to me: a charm! :cry: Someone who is connected to her must put some spell on me!

Go find a trace!

For Seba's querry, I found the UsingEnglish.com while browsing the net and after visiting it, I found it useful and that very moment I registered. Now I am a regular. Only thing I miss in it is that there are no regular features on English literature, both classic and contemporary. This website would be lot richer if they included classic and Nobel prize winning novels, poems, essays, short-stories etc. and would be helpful to all the students of English.

Dear Jomo, the best city in the world is not outside but inside your heart. Start looking at World around you in appreciating manner, thank God for all the facilities available in your place, compare them with those cities which have'nt got such aminities, and then you would be happy. As far as career is concerned, first complete your education and then the opportunities would knock on your door and they would take you to the city where you would be earning your bread and butter. Rest leave it to God and enjoy yourself.

The best City is Tuscan, Because of what?

Because

1) A. lives in there
2) B. lives in there
3) C. lives in there
4) D. lives in there
16) P. lives in there
26) Z. lives in there

Cheers,
P

Sorry! I wasn't be able to catch you when my idea was at hand to come to mind! But still am wondering how to take up a new project on MSE while it's not going to be resultful at all? :) Anytime that I'm taking a look on pages of reports about missing of MSE, it happens to me: a charm! :cry: Someone who is connected to her must put some spell on me!

Go find a trace!

The best City is Tuscan, Because of what?

Because

1) A. lives in there
2) B. lives in there
3) C. lives in there
4) D. lives in there
16) P. lives in there
26) Z. lives in there

Cheers,
P

27) None of the above.

the correct answer is AMIGOS4 lives there.

TABRIZ is the best city in world because:

a) a dead goat used to live there

b) a detective lives there

c) the darling of the forum P lives there

27) None of the above.

the correct answer is AMIGOS4 lives there.

TABRIZ is the best city in world because:

a) a dead goat used to live there

b) a detective lives there

c) the darling of the forum P lives there

The correct answer is C!

Bangalore isn't the best city in world because:

a) My dear Sudh isn't living there!

b) Shal lives there for good!

c) Shal will off to another city, so that Bangalore wouldn't be charming anymore!
d) The answer has some problem must be corrected!

P

Dear SUDHKAMP!
The fact I ask how you got to know about this website doesn't mean that I'm a newbie here. ;-) Actually, I joined in February 2007.. I just don't post much. ;-)
Anyway, thank you (and Shalstudent) for your warm welcome and the answers to my question. :-D

Seba

Last edited:
Dear SUDHKAMP!
The fact I ask how you got to know about this website doesn't mean that I'm a newbie here. ;-) Actually, I joined in February 2007.. I just don't post much. ;-)
Anyway, thank you (and Shalstudent) for your warm welcome and the answers to my question. :-D

Seba

I also welcome your re-entrance to the forum and hope to enjoy things are going on around!

Cheers,
P

I miss Sim! I need to see some special changes into posts so I need him!

How long does it take for 'Mr wire' to re-appear again?

P

I also welcome your re-entrance to the forum and hope to enjoy things are going on around!

Cheers,
P

:lol:
Dear God!

But I have been here all the time (sic!) monitoring what is going on in the forums.. I don't need to comment every single post by the other, honourable memebers to actully be here. :-D I occasionally write a post here and/or there. ;-)

Hope you're well too, P!
Seba :cool:

P, who said Bangalore is not the best city. It is the best city because:

1. I live here
2. I was born and brought up here.
3. You can do any kind of job here and get paid for it.
4. You can even "work-from-home".

P, who said Bangalore is not the best city. It is the best city because:

1. I live here
2. I was born and brought up here.
3. You can do any kind of job here and get paid for it.
4. You can even "work-from-home".

Hey Shal!

My father said that it was not as good as Delhi as a look back at his trip to India by 1980!!

So I see it's now very distinct and am happy to hear it from you!

Cheers,
P

Dear P, 1980 was different. Presently, Bangalore and Hyderabad are the best places to work in. Mumbai and Delhi were preferred by all earlier but not now. Times change, you know.

Dear P, 1980 was different. Presently, Bangalore and Hyderabad are the best places to work in. Mumbai and Delhi were preferred by all earlier but not now. Times change, you know.

Thanks Shal for a very diplomatic answer again.:-D
I have been to Bangalore earlier also, and in last 20 years it has grown like anything, yet it has lost its peace and the serene environment. There are traffic jams and rough indisciplined driving makes you uncomfortable. Yet the greenery is still there and the Public transport system is good. India's two major Information Technology Co.s are situated here and many outsourcing and IT cos operate from here. Many of my friends have settled in Bangalore for last 15 years and now they do'nt wish to come back. Also, the food is excellent, especially that Neer Dosa(a sight to watch while being made) and the out of earth dish at Halli Tindi(a restaurant near Bull Temple) called Halshinkai Kadabu(Jackfruit pie steamed in Jackfruit leaves mixed with milk etc.) still beckon me to visit Bangalore.
Ohh......... Bangalore, I am coming back...........

Thanks Shal for a very diplomatic answer again.:-D
I have been to Bangalore earlier also, and in last 20 years it has grown like anything, yet it has lost its peace and the serene environment. There are traffic jams and rough indisciplined driving makes you uncomfortable. Yet the greenery is still there and the Public transport system is good. India's two major Information Technology Co.s are situated here and many outsourcing and IT cos operate from here. Many of my friends have settled in Bangalore for last 15 years and now they do'nt wish to come back. Also, the food is excellent, especially that Neer Dosa(a sight to watch while being made) and the out of earth dish at Halli Tindi(a restaurant near Bull Temple) called Halshinkai Kadabu(Jackfruit pie steamed in Jackfruit leaves mixed with milk etc.) still beckon me to visit Bangalore.
Ohh......... Bangalore, I am coming back...........

Like always, you are completely punctilious on the tiniest things! Thank you!

Like always, you are completely punctilious on the tiniest things! Thank you!

I learnt to be punctilious from people like Bhaisahab, Beascarpetta, Amigos4, Shal, Ronbee and many others like.............. you, my dear Proof:lol:.

Since Miss Solero Exotic is back from Sea Beaches and ordering her coffee to Amigos, Shal please tell us what has become of Nain.:roll:

If you had read my previous post, you would have seen it, Sudh!! Nain is fine. He is just busy with his work and stuff. Hopeflly, he will be back on Monday....

What or who do we discuss next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back