Is it necessary to add all your experiences in the resume whether relevant or not?

Anaya Ahmed

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I am making updating my resume and since the beg8ining of my career, I have changed path a few times. For instance, I have one year of experience as a chat support representative, one and a half year in content marketing, 6 months in finance, and 2 years in branding. Shall I add all experiences in one resume or make separate resumes for all?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am making updating my résumé and since the beg8ining beginning of my career, I have changed path a few times. For instance, I have one year's of experience as a chat support representative, one and a half year eighteen months in content marketing, 6 six months in finance, and 2 two years in branding.
Shall Should I add include all my experiences experience in one résumé or make separate résumés for all each one?
Note my changes above. Remember that, except when writing dates, we write the numbers from zero to twenty (inclusive) in full, not as digits.
I don't have much experience with résumés but I would expect to see all experience that's relevant to the job you're applying for. The only concern I have would be that it might leave questionable gaps in your work history.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Those are so different that I would call them separate careers. You could lump them all together as work experience. (See below.)

Mike has had three careers. He was a professional baseball player. Then he was a professional broadcaster. Now he runs his own business.