Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Singapore
Please comment on my IELTS essay:

You have been offered a job that will require you to move to a city that you have never visited before. You have an acquaintance who live there.

Write a letter to the acquaintance. In your letter
[*] explain your situation
[*] say why you feel unsure about living in the city
[*] ask some questions about life in the city

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sam,

It has been a while since the last time we met, but I have a condition now. I just got a job. The job is pretty much what I consider as (almost) dream job. The problem is that, the job is in London. I have visited London only once, and that was just for few days. So I feel unsure about the job offer. I think it is quite normal for human being to feel anxious by the prospect of something unfamiliar. Considering that you are 100% Londoner, I wish you can alleviate my anxiety, because you know London very well.

I have several questions pertaining to life in London, and I would be very happy if you can answer them. How safe is London? Is it safe for a normal guy like me walking alone at night? My job will require me to go home late very often, so safety is very important concern for me. Secondly, how is the night life in London? I love going to night club every weekend. I would be very happy if there are many exciting clubs there. And the last, the most mundane, but the most important question, is rent in inner London affordable to an ordinary young professional like me? I prefer living in inner London, provided that I can afford it of course.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely Yours,

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Can someone comment on my IELTS essays?

Has it occurred to you that it might be a good idea to wait for a reply to your first post (essay) before posting two more? Putting all three in one thread won't work. I am going to separate them out into three separate threads for you.

Edit: I have now moved the other two essays to their own threads and I have given them relevant titles, as I have done to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.