It's 12.5 for each player so eight people equates to 100.

Yb167

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
I was playing a game yesterday and while someone was explaining the odds for me he said this " it's 12.5 for each player so eight people equates to 100. The one with two votes only has a 25% chance of being chosen." shouldn't it be equate?

The context is we're playing a game in which players have to choose one of three portals at the start of the game. This can be done by simply clicking any of your desired portal and your character will automatically run towards it. The game then will choose portals that have votes. So, if one portal only has one vote and all seven players are scattered across the other two, it is less likely for it to be chosen. But in our game yesterday, two people voted for one and six on the other, leaving the remaining portal with no votes at all and to our surprise, the game chose the one with two votes. I then asked one of these guys the odds and he said "it's 12.5 for each player so eight people equates to 100%. The one with two votes only has a 25% chance of being chosen."

Now, this is where it gets kind of confusing. Is eight people here singular? It feels weird to see it treated as singular here. Can someone help me?