Interested in Language
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hi,

What kind of accent does Daniel Craig use in his last James Bond movies (Skyfall, Spectre, etc.?

Thank you very much.

I would say that his accent is standard south-east England (Home Counties) accent. As far as I can recall, all the actors who have played James Bond have had a similar accent. In the early films, their voices were more posh (upper-class).

Surely Sean Connery's Bond was Scottish?

Sean Connery was Scottish - not necessarily his accent as James Bond.

Sean Connery was Scottish - not necessarily his accent as James Bond.

And still is, I believe. I don't think he's gifted with accents. At any rate, his Bond sounds Scottish to me.

Oops, how did I forget Sean Connery?! Yes, definitely Scottish. I don't think he even tried to go for an English accent.

Daniel Craig is not from the south-east of England; he's from Chester originally and grew up in the Wirral. He uses a more or less neutral accent as James Bond.

Pierce Brosnan is Irish and when he doesn't sound Irish he tends to speak with a sort of mid-atlantic accent.

And let's not forget George Lazenby, who is Australian.

I understood the question to be about the accents of the James Bond character, not those of the actors portraying him. Connery's Bond spoke with the same Scottish accent as the actor uses in everyday speech. The others, including Lazenby's, had what I heard as something like a Home Counties accent: neutrally English to American ears.

And let's not forget George Lazenby, who is Australian.

He didn't sound Australian, which must be a relief to Australians given him being regularly voted the worst Bond.

I'm sure that's something most of us could get over! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back