Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
Albania
Current Location
Andorra
Generally speaking, I am applying for the master's program in Economics offered at Kiel University (CAU) because I firmly believe this degree will provide me with a solid platform to enhance my necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and others. In further paragraphs, I will state the factors that highly motivated me to apply for the MSc program, how this will benefit me in the long run, and my future career plan.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@sadid I have moved this post to the "Letter Writing" sub-forum as your title says it's a Letter of Motivation. However, please note the following:
1. You need to correct the information in your member profile. You appear to have simply chosen options that start with A. We expect our members to be honest with us.
2. Once you've done that, please add some context to your first post - when does your application need to go in and what would you like us to do?
3. I deleted five (!) other threads by you. Three of them were identical to this one but were posted in different sections of the forum and two of them contained nothing meaningful. We understand if you were making a test post but be aware that, as a new user, your first ten posts are subject to moderation and have to be approved before being visible. Just be patient.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I wouldn't use "Generally speaking" there. I suggest that you delete it. Also, "economics" is not a proper noun. (You might want to capitalize the name of the course.)

It might be helpful to read some the other threads that were already in this subforum.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I have two corrections:

my necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and others

how this these will benefit me in the long run, and my future career plans.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"... and others" needs to go; it doesn't work in that sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm locking this thread until the OP has corrected their profile information, so no one else is tempted to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.