Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
"Many a man take care of his children carefully."
In this sentence, "Many a + Singular N" has the same meaning with "Many men".
But I wonder if there is " much a + uncountable N" or not? Please give me the answer. Thanks.:)

"Many a man take care of his children carefully." No.
In this sentence, "Many a + Singular N" has the same meaning with "Many men". No. You can say "Many a man" in many a sentence, but not in that one.
But I wonder if there is " much a + uncountable N". No. Never. Please give me the answer. No. Never. Thanks. You're welcome.

Your sample sentence is wrong. "Man" is singular. So to use "Many a man," it would have to say something like:

- Many a man TAKES care . . . .
- Many a man CAN take care . . . .
- Many a man HAS TAKEN care . . . .
- Many a man WILL take care . . . .

What does "Many a man and much a water" mean?

Last edited:
"Water" is uncountable so it can take "much" but it can't take "a".

Because "many + a" made me think of " much a" and wonder if there is " much a" or not. Now i get it. there is no " much a..." Thanks.

[STRIKE]Because[/STRIKE] "Many + a" made me think of "much a" and I wondered if [STRIKE]there is[/STRIKE] "much a" is used or not. Now I get it. [STRIKE]there is no[/STRIKE] "Much a..." is not used. Thanks.

Note my corrections above. Don't leave a space after opening quotation mark.

You should get used to using the "Thank" button, Son Ho. That will prevent you from having to make a new post to thank people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back