Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Would someone look at my motivation letter and give me some advice on how I could improve it?

Have you looked at the other letters in this section (and the corrections)?

(Say: piece of advice.)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Please, can someone look at my motivation letter, and give [STRIKE]apeace of[/STRIKE] advice on how I could make it better? [I think you could say a little more on your achievements (academic and otherwise).]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently studying information technology at Chester University, and I am very motivated to apply for the Erasmus student exchange programme at your university.

I would honor the opportunity if you accept me for the Erasmus programme, because it will mean a lot for me and my future career prospects. [STRIKE]ive.[/STRIKE] I like my study field, [STRIKE]profession,[/STRIKE] and I want to use IT to change this world. [STRIKE]One day I’ve seen[/STRIKE] I remember seeing Steve Jobs's 2005 Stanford commencement address, which motivated me a lot. That was the moment when I fell in love with programming, [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] and I've realized since it’s something that I really enjoy doing. [STRIKE]love. How he said[/STRIKE] Steve jobs said, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do”, and that’s why I always endeavour to do my best. This [STRIKE]idea [/STRIKE] gives me [STRIKE]forces[/STRIKE] the impetus to keep going and study [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] even in times of difficulty, [STRIKE]the hard moments,[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]there is no point to give[/STRIKE] giving up is never an option for me! That’s why I am applying for this programme.

I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] would be delighted to meet fellow talented and inspired students who want to contribute to a better future for all [STRIKE]create a good one future[/STRIKE] and who are prepared to remain focused and work hard [STRIKE]know how[/STRIKE] to make it come true, just like me. I [STRIKE]advocate the opinion that[/STRIKE] consider the Erasmus programme [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] an excellent opportunity to meet [STRIKE]various groups of[/STRIKE] young people, spend quality time with them and get to know their cultures, [STRIKE]habits,[/STRIKE] attitudes, lifestyle, etc.

During my first year of university, I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] also studied [STRIKE]ying[/STRIKE] at Academy+Moldova. [STRIKE]Here[/STRIKE] There, I gained [STRIKE]a lot of[/STRIKE] much useful experience and knowledge about how to organize my time and prioritize tasks, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] project management, practical programming, and team working. [STRIKE]and so on.[/STRIKE] I have a true motivation to grow up. Now I have two extra courses of programming (Java and Software Testing). Also I am a member of a [STRIKE]volunteering[/STRIKE] voluntary organization [Which one, and what do they do?] , which have a local group in Iasi too.

[STRIKE]Also[/STRIKE] Moreover, I would like to visit your city, and I believe I would enjoy living there! I want to walk through [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Coupou Park where I can find the Eminescu's Linden Tree. Also I think [STRIKE]it’s not a bad idea to have fun[/STRIKE] I would enjoy socializing with other students in the center of Iasi [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on weekends, and of course I want to share with them my culture. We have some great Moldavian wines, and amazing sweets. [STRIKE]Also[/STRIKE] I’ll bring to them our southern mood with a lot of dance, songs, fun, and jokes!

I would be very grateful if you consider my application and give me a chance to participate in the Erasmus programme at your university. I am convinced that I will fit in and make a positive contribution, academically and socially, [STRIKE]find a place in all the activities anticipated by your University[/STRIKE] and I will do my best to succeed. [STRIKE]adjust to your facilities and courses.[/STRIKE]

Thank you for considering my application, and [STRIKE]your attention,[/STRIKE] I wish you a good autumn and hope to see you winter! [STRIKE]La revedere! Good bye![/STRIKE]

Yours faithfully,

Alex Ander

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I am currently studying information technology....