My friends organized a gathering three days ago.

vannt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
My friends organized a gathering three days ago. Meeting everyone made me happy. This is the tenth time we have organized it. The gathering was not as expected. Some people couldn't come because they were busy, so there are only ten people. It made me a little sad because our class has forty one people. I hope my friends will come next year.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It's one from the past.
Then you need the word "reunion".
My friends organized a gathering class reunion three days ago. Meeting everyone made me happy. *This is the tenth time we have organized a reunion, it. The gathering but this one was not as expected. Some people couldn't come because they were busy, so there are were only ten people. It made me a little sad because our class has had forty one people (in it). I hope my friends more will come next year.
* You can also say here "This is our tenth reunion".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You were disappointed that not everybody was there who you expected to be there. Or that you were hoping would be there.

vannt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
You were disappointed that not everybody was there who you expected to be there. Or that you were hoping would be there.
I was hoping would be there. According to my friend, some people were married and had a baby, so they hadn't time to come, while others simply didn't want to.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I was hoping THEY would be there. According to my friend, some people were married and had BABIES TO LOOK AFTER, so they COULDN'T come, while others simply didn't want to.