Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would you please correct grammar and punctuation in my sentences?

1. The washing machine was out of order, and Gina spent the afternoon washing clothes by hand, wringing them out. and then hanging them
outside to dry.
2. The city was bedecked with flags, bunting, and flowers. Thousands lined up the streets waiting to greet the President.
3. When a beautiful women came inside the room, bedecked with jewellery, all the eyes turned towards her.
4. The professor sat at his desk, his forehead wrinkled with concentration.
5. John was a man known by his braggadocio. When he started talking you could not get a word in edgeways.
6. The main reason why Peter wanted a divorce was because his wife belittled him all the time.
7. The old woman was dressed befitting a lady - an expensive brown suit, a hat, and well-polished court shoes.
8. As a man sat eating his meal in a restaurant, he caught the eye of a women sitting opposite, and he felt a strong desire.
9. When Lisa saw a picture of her boyfriend together with two scantily dressed women, she immediately decided to break
her engagement to him.
10. The impetuous young woman went from one men to another, until she fell in love with a man who mostly ignored her.
11. The more John's parents tried to persuade him to find a job, the more stubborn John became.

Last edited:
Number one is OK.

#2. For the second sentence, delete "up". (They lined the streets.)

#3. Delete the second "the" there. (All eyes turned towards her.)

Number four is OK.

#5. Say John was known FOR his braggadoccio.

#6. Say:

The main reason Peter wanted a divorce was that his wife belittled him all the time.

#7. Say:

The old woman was dressed in a manner befitting a lady....

#8. Delete the first comma and keep the second one.

Finished!

I think both commas should be kept.
What do you mean by a "strong desire"? A strong desire for?

I think both commas should be kept.
What do you mean by a "strong desire"? A strong desire for?

I thought Bassim might ask a question about that (comma), but he didn't, so I'm not going to answer a question that wasn't asked.

The word "desire" is often used to mean sexual attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back