Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi, what's the name of a store that sells sinks, basins, faucets, ... for kitchen?

I don't know that there's a specific name, nor a store that caries only such things.

You might purchase such things at any number of stores - a hardware store, a plumbing supply store, or a home improvement store. Also, they're not going to carry things that are only specific to kitchens. Bathrooms use all those items as well.

Even a store like WalMart here in the US has a very limited supply of some basic plumbing and electrical items. Perhaps not a sink or toilet, but I did once buy a cheap replacement faucet from Walmart when nothing else was open that time of night and I needed it right then.

There aren't many places where you can buy a kitchen sink; that's for sure. (They usually come built in to the house or apartment.)

There aren't many places where you can buy a kitchen sink; that's for sure. (They usually come built in to the house or apartment.)
So where would you go if your kitchen sink became broken or defective in some way? You would need to buy a replacement and (probably) employ someone to come and fit it.

The Home Depot or Lowes, both big box "home improvement" stores that also do installations. Or smaller local contractors.

There are lots of them in the UK. I think they're called 'kitchen showrooms'.

(I hope I'm thinking of the right thing.)

Kitchen showrooms would deal with the full range of kitchen fitting-out items including built-in cabinets. Kitchen sinks are generally sold in hardware stores or specialized shops dealing with bathroom and kitchen fittings.

Last edited:
So where would you go if your kitchen sink became broken or defective in some way? You would need to buy a replacement and (probably) employ someone to come and fit it.
There are some shops where I can buy new ones, but things are limited there.

Kitchen showrooms would deal with the full range of kitchen fitting-out items including built-in cabinets. Kitchen sinks are generally sold in hardware stores or specialized shops dealing with bathroom and kitchen fittings.
I have twice bought a kitchen sink from kitchen showrooms.

IKEA too sells kitchen sinks and faucets, and will send installers at an extra charge.

I have twice bought a kitchen sink from kitchen showrooms.
I did say the full range of items in the kitchen, not specifically fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back