Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The following is a screenshot of Grammarly Premium that I've taken on my laptop. Have a look at both sentences in it.

1668228658318.png

In the first, I wrote the word "error" without s at the end, and in the second, with s. Are both the correct sentences grammatically? If so, is there any difference between them semantically?

Thanks.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Both are fine and mean the same in my opinion, in this context.

"No error" here means "not a single error".
"No errors" means there weren't any errors.

I'd use "with" rather than "in" by the way.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The following is a screenshot of Grammarly Premium that I've taken I took on my laptop. Have a look at both sentences in it.

In the first, I wrote the word "error" without an s at the end, and in the second, with an s. Are both [the] correct sentences grammatically correct? If so, is there any difference between them semantically?

Thanks. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you by adding the "Thanks" icon to any helpful post.
They're both grammatically correct. The difference is as stated by Barque. The overall meaning is the same. It's error-free!

utsavviradiya

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Are both [the] correct sentences grammatically correct?
I guess you meant [the] is optional. But I believe there shouldn't be, in any way, "the" in that sentence. Let me know how to use "the" in that sentence.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I guess you meant "the" is optional. But I understand there shouldn't be a "the" in any way anywhere in this sentence. Let me know how to use "the" in that sentence.
Yes, putting a word in square brackets means that it is optional. I don't know what you mean by "there shouldn't be a 'the' anywhere in this sentence". I didn't say that. All three of the following are possible:

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
Are both the sentences grammatically correct?
Are both of the sentences grammatically correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.