Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Dear all,
A man is being looked for by many people in every hospital and private practices. One of them says, when another suggested that he may checked in using an alias:

"We've considered that but the genetic mutation he experienced would require any doctor to make special note. And nothing matching his criteria has been reported."

What is the meaning of "note" here????

Thanks.

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
No, I can't get anything :(

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
:(

I don't know what the doctor was gonna do??!!! What does it mean to make note on his condition. I mean, he said after that "nothing was found" SO does the doctor should write anything.

I need to understand the context. you gave me another example. I'm disappointed.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It doesn't matter whether anything is written down or not.

If you "take note" of something, you notice it on purpose.

If I go to buy clothes, I always try the clothes on before I buy them. When I look in the mirror, I take note of how well they fit, whether the colour suits me, how often I think I'll wear them and if I can afford them. Then I decide whether to buy them or not.

If you "make a note" of something, you probably write it down. In your original example, someone has pointed out that the patient has a very specific genetic mutation. If that patient has gone to another hospital, even if he is using a false name, it is very likely that the doctor would have "made special note" of it. I assume it's a rare condition so any doctor would have spotted that and, in this case, probably not only "made note" mentally and remembered this patient, but also made a written note of it.

This is a helpful clue for the people looking for this patient. Instead of searching for him by name, they can now contact many hospitals asking if they have a patient who has that genetic mutation. If it's rare, then the doctor involved will probably have "made special note" of the fact that this is an interesting patient and will recognise the description of the patient by his medical condition, even if the name is different.

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
and how can I thank you my friend?:oops::up::up::up::up::roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.