Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

Paul and Anna argued as much as the next couple, although their sexual life was less satisfactory, especially after Paul was having an affair with his secretary. He kept it secret but had a hunch that Anna knew what was going on. But knowing her inside out, he was sure Anna would never mention it as long as he was buying her luxuries and paying all her expenses. If they were to break up, Anna would probably have no difficulty finding another man, but not many men would part with their money to finance her excessive lifestyle. This was Paul's strongest card, which he used regularly, without having bad conscience.

Paul and Anna argued as much as the next couple, although their sexual life was less than satisfactory, especially after Paul was having an affair with his secretary. He kept it secret but had a hunch that Anna knew what was going on. But knowing her inside out, he was sure Anna would never mention it as long as he was buying her luxuries and paying all her expenses. If they were to break up, Anna would probably have no difficulty finding another man, but not many men would part with their money to finance her excessive lifestyle. This was Paul's strongest card, which he used regularly, without having a bad conscience.
The underlined part doesn't work. Rephrase it.

teechar,
I wasn't sure if the underlined part was correct but couldn't come up with a better solution.
Would this version be OK?

Paul and Anna argued as much as the next couple, although their sexual life was less than satisfactory, especially after Paul had an affair with his secretary.

Was the affair over? If so, then the new version works.

I imagined that the affair was still going on. Unfortunately, I was unable to write a correct version. Do you have any suggestion how my sentence should be written to describe the affair that was still going on.

Perhaps:

Paul and Anna argued no more and no less than any other couple. However, their sex life was less than satisfactory after Paul started an affair with his secretary.

:up:

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagined that the affair was still going on.
In that case, you can say: "their sexual life was less than satisfactory, especially as/because Paul was having an affair with his secretary".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back