Home Country
China
Current Location
China
SCIENCE
7 APRIL 2022
Policy reforms for antibiotic use claims in livestock
LANCE B. PRICE LAURA ROGERS ET AL.
Antibiotics detected in “raised without antibiotics” cattle underscore the need to ensure the integrity of labeling claims
Source
I understand "Policy reforms for antibiotic use claims in livestock" as "Policy reforms for the claims about antibiotic use in livestock". Am I on the right track?

I think the claim is for the "non-use of antibiotic in livestock". No one wants antibiotic to be used but apparenly, it has been proven wrong.

I understand "Policy reforms for antibiotic use claims in livestock" as "Policy reforms for the claims about antibiotic use in livestock". Am I on the right track?
That's how I would interpret it.

Did the farmers claim that they use antibiotics in their labelling?

I think the claim is for the "non-use of antibiotics in livestock". No one wants antibiotics to be used, but apparently, some people are using them.
Yes, the claim is not that they use them but that they don't.

So the answer to ted's question is 'No'.

Yes- these claims are, apparently, being made falsely.

Yes- these claims are, apparently, being made falsely.
It is a case of misrepresentation - selling a product not according to its labelling. It is not that antibiotics are not allowed. The claim on the label is that the livestock is antibiotic-free, which turned out to be false. Thus, I find with the term "antibiotic use claim" a bit misleading.

Last edited:
It's 'antiobiotic use claims', that is claims about the use of antibiotics. This would include claims that they are not used.

I don't think the headline is misleading because the range of use is from 0% to 100%.

I don't think the headline is misleading, because the range of use is from 0% to 100%.
Well, you either use something or you don't.

Use - 100%
Non use - 0%

I don't think the headline is misleading because the range of use is from 0% to 100%.
And what about the ensure the integrity phrase?

That makes the headline not misleading IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back