Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
If you think you and your business partner can keep mutual relationship forever, can you say "relationship of coexistence."?

I have no doubt about our permanent relationship of coexistence.

No, that is not natural. Try:

I have no doubt about our enduring relationship.

Why can "coexistence" make sense in business relationship? Is it only a physical meaning like among animals?
Or can we also say "win-win relationship"?

relationship of coexistence.

Last edited:
Does relationship of coexistence mean "inharmonious relationship"? "Or can we also say "win-win relationship"?

Why can "coexistence" make sense in business relationship? It's not what we would usually say.

Is it only a physical meaning like among animals? "Coexistence" is usually used to talk about nations - not animals, people, or businesses. The common expression is "peaceful coexistence." It means the countries are not fighting each other.

Or can we also say "win-win relationship"? No.

"Relationship of coexistence" is meaningless. Don't use it.

I hope that helps!

Yes, you can say that on condition that your relationship is not amicable, i.e. you are generally at odds with each other but suffer through. It can also be said (tic).

Hm. I've heard of coexisting, but I've never heard of a relationship of coexistence. Any other opinions, gang?

If you say it's ok, which is better between 1 and 2?

1. I have no doubt about our permanent relationship of coexistence.
2. I have no doubt about our permanent coexisting relationship.

If you say it's ok, which is better between 1 and 2?

1. I have no doubt about our permanent relationship of coexistence.
2. I have no doubt about our permanent coexisting relationship.

This just sounds bizarre. You should find another way to phrase what you're trying to say.

Between business partners, I would call it a "good/excellent working relationship". It follows that such relationships would last.
There is also a "symbiotic relationship" where both parties benefit from each other, which is likely to be lasting.
Two parties co-existing does not mean they get along or work well with each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back