Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Is this completely different? In this this case, does one person's number belongs to another so that both have different phone numbers?

Thank you.

I don't understand your question, but see above for what the sentence means.

Is not above clear enough that Is this completely different=Is this situation completely different from the one in which they exchange/swap phone numbers?

Thank you.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I understood the first bit. I don't know what you had in mind with In this this case, does one person's number belongs to another so that both have different phone numbers?

hhtt21

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I understood the first bit. I don't know what you had in mind with In this this case, does one person's number belongs to another so that both have different phone numbers?

This is because of my poor English. I will clarify what I had in mind when I write it so would you put it into one of correct and natural forms.

In this case= The sentence using the verb switch.

Does one person's number= ( I think this is clear enough) When two person is exchanging their numbers, this is one of the numbers.

Belongs to another: (Misuse of -s in the question form). Person A have number 1 and so number 1 belongs to person A. Person B have number 2 so the number 2 belongs to person B. "One person's number" in "does one person's number" refers to one of numbers 1 or 2. "Does one person's number", say 1, belongs to another, then another refers to person B, become number of person B i.e number 1 has belonged to person B after the operation.

I hope I have explained better.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.