Terms and Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a detailed reply would be as boring as that lengthy screed you've just inflicted on us.

Somebody might prove me wrong.

I expect a detailed reply would be as boring as that lengthy screed you've just inflicted on us.

Somebody might prove me wrong.

Could you please just copy and paste to show me a few examples to help me understand?

"Terms and Conditions" is a fixed legal phrase. The individual words presumably have specific meanings in that context, but for everyday use, those meanings are unimportant.

"Terms and Conditions" is a fixed legal phrase. The individual words presumably have specific meanings in that context, but for everyday use, those meanings are unimportant.

Thank you!

I have been misunderstanding that term. I thought it's a combination of two things. But it's just a phrase that means a list of things you have to agree and have legally bindings.

I am not a lawyer, but I have taken a course in law as it relates to business. Terms are the major and essential provisions of a contract, while conditions are relatively minor or non-essential provisions.

I have been misunderstanding that term. I thought it was a combination of two things.
To a lawyer, each of the two words probably has a distinct meaning. What the meanings are is not important to the rest of us.

I am not a lawyer, but I have taken a course in law as it relates to business. Terms are the major and essential provisions of a contract, while conditions are relatively minor or non-essential provisions.

Thank you!

I thought terms meant "the terms I dictate and you must accept, failure to do so would result in penalty", and conditions meant "the conditions you must meet, if you fail to do so, I can refuse to do my duty". Your explanation helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back