Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Bob, a poor farmer, took his eggs to the market to sell. He met a girl here. The girl asked Bob “How much does the egg cost?” Bob answered: “One dollars for two eggs”. “I think that it is too expensive for me to buy, so one dollar for three eggs” the girl said. Bob agreed and bought her twelve eggs.

On the way to the restaurant, the girl was very glad because she had bought the cheap eggs. She met her friends and they had lunch together at the restaurant. Finally, their meal was worth 420 dollars. She gave the waiter 450 dollars and said “No need to pay back”.

Please correct my mistakes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Bob, a poor farmer, took his eggs to the market to sell. He met a girl there. The girl asked Bob “How much [STRIKE]does[/STRIKE] do the eggs cost?” Bob answered (no colon here) “One [STRIKE]dollars[/STRIKE] dollar for two eggs”. “I think that it is too expensive for me to buy, so how about one dollar for three eggs?” the girl said. Bob agreed and [STRIKE]bought[/STRIKE] sold her twelve eggs.

On the way to the restaurant, (What restaurant? This has not been mentioned before.) the girl was very glad because she had bought [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] cheap eggs. She met her friends and they had lunch together at the restaurant. [STRIKE]Finally,[/STRIKE] Their meal [STRIKE]was worth[/STRIKE] cost 420 dollars. She gave the waiter 450 dollars and said “No need to [STRIKE]pay back[/STRIKE] give me any change”.

Please correct my mistakes.

Please note my corrections above.

Wow! She went to the effort of haggling over the cost of a few eggs and then paid $450 for a meal? What a bizarre situation.

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my rewrite.
Bob, a poor farmer, took his eggs to the market to sell. He met a girl there. The girl asked Bob “How much do the eggs cost?” Bob answered “One dollar for two eggs”. “I think that it is too expensive for me to buy, so how about one dollar for three eggs?” the girl said. Bob agreed and sold her twelve eggs.

One the way to a restaurant, the girl was very glad because she had bought cheap eggs. She met her friends and they had lunch together at the restaurant. Their meal cost 420 dollars. She gave the waiter 450 dollars and said “No need to give me any change”.

Status
Not open for further replies.