Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
When talking about frying eggs in different ways so that each way makes it a different meal. For example, with vegetables, with meat, or with fish, would my sentence work to express this idea?

I like to cook various fried eggs.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm talking about frying eggs in different ways so that each way makes it a different meal. For example, with vegetables, with meat, or with fish, would my sentence work to express this idea?

I like to fry eggs in various ways.
It seems like you're not really talking about various ways of frying eggs but eating them with different things.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You can't fry an egg in different ways. Frying is just one way of cooking an egg. Eggs can be fried, boiled, scrambled, baked, poached, coddled, made into an omelette (and probably other ways I don't know about).

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You can't fry an egg in different ways.
Americans will tell you that you can fry eggs over easy, over hard, or sunny-side up.

In addition to 5jj's suggestions in post #3, you could say 'I like to serve fried eggs with different accompaniments.'

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Americans will tell you that you can fry eggs over easy, over hard, or sunny-side up.
Fair point. However, I would still say that frying an egg is simply one way of cooking an egg, regardless of how long you fry it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.