Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello everybody!

The availability of good, affordable childcare is the issue experts name as the most crucial problem many women face in their personal lives that impacts their professional lives.

I think there are two relative pronouns hidden in the sentence above.

In my opinion, the sentence above could be written as follows:

The availability of good, affordable childcare is the issue that/which experts name as the most crucial problem that/which many women face in their personal lives that impacts their professional lives.

Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everybody!

The availability of good, affordable childcare is the issue experts name as the most crucial problem many women face in their personal lives that impacts their professional lives.

I think there are two relative pronouns hidden in the sentence above.

In my opinion, the sentence above could be written as follows:

The availability of good, affordable childcare is the issue that/which experts name as the most crucial problem that/which many women face in their personal lives that impacts their professional lives.

Thank you.

I wouldn't bother with either "that" or "which" at either point in that sentence but I would use "which" later, at a point didn't query.

The availability of good affordable childcare is the issue experts name as the most crucial problem most women face in their personal lives which impacts upon their professional lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.