What does "rich" mean there in the sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianok

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi,everybody.I once heard a fighting match commentator say "the technical ground kick landed flush there rich".I can't figure out what "rich" means there in the sentence.Please help me out,thank you so much!

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
It's probably the nickname of his colleague, whose full name would be Richard.

brianok

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It's probably the nickname of his colleague, whose full name would be Richard.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.But I did check all the relevant guys names in that video and found no one's name is Richard.What's more,there is another sentence said by another commentator in that video going like this:"he got a lot of arm there rich".So,the word "rich" seems wierd in that video to me.For your reference,here is the link of that video:
From 8:55 of that video through the end of it,there appears several times the word "rich" in the words by the two commentators.Hope you can please help me work it out.Thank you so much!

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.But I did check all the relevant guys names in that video and found no one's name is Richard.What's more,there is another sentence said by another commentator in that video going like this:"he got a lot of arm there rich".So,the word "rich" seems wierd in that video to me.For your reference,here is the link of that video:
From 8:55 of that video through the end of it,there appears several times the word "rich" in the words by the two commentators.Hope you can please help me work it out.Thank you so much!

I've watched your video. The two commentators are named Mitch and Rich.

brianok

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I've watched your video. The two commentators are named Mitch and Rich.
Thanks indeed.But what about this picture from that video which shows commentators:Steve Dawson&Mitch Chilson.So I'm baffled.Sorry for more trouble for you.

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_135704.jpg
    IMG_20220212_135704.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 8

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
There must be someone there called Rich. Either that or the person keeps getting the name Mitch wrong, which is unlikely.

brianok

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I just rechecked the video again.It seems there is a third commentor in that video,but he seems to speak just a few words and he is not been introduced to the video viewers in any form,so that made me assume all the time there are just two commenters' voices there,but during my rechecking again just now,I kinda discerned a third male commenter's voice,which, to my ears, is very similar to one of the two formally introduced commenter's voice.If the finding of my rechecking just now proves to be right,then all the abovementioned several factors made this difficulty about the word "rich" for me.Really unexpected!Thank all you guys for your kind help!By the way,I still hope my finding can be proved to be right in any way.

brianok

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Why was my post of "thanks for your confirmation" removed?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Why was my post of "Thanks for your confirmation" removed?

It was unnecessary. You should save everybody's time by clicking 'Like' and then 'Thanks' on every post you find helpful/

Status
Not open for further replies.