[Grammar] When should I place "Though" And "At Least"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Poland
Hello !

I've a small problem with "though" and "at least" and other verbs that has a similar problem which is "should I place them in the middle or at the and of the sentence?".
Does it change a lot if I place "though" at the beggining or in the middle instead placing it in the end of the sentence? Same goes with "at least". How does it work?

Here are some examples:

-
"Though I have to say, I still can't figure out how you get them perfectly thin every time."
-"Awesome. I have a question though."

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
"Though I have to say it, I still can't figure out how you get them perfectly thin every time."

What has "I have to say it" got to do with the second part?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello!
I've a small problem with "though" and "at least", [STRIKE]and other verbs that has a similar problem[/STRIKE] which is: should I place them in the middle or at the and of the sentence?
Does it change a lot if I place "though" at the beginning or in the middle instead placing it in the end of the sentence? Same goes with "at least". How does it work?
Here are some examples:
-
"Though I have to say, I still can't figure out how you get them perfectly thin every time."
-"Awesome. I have a question though."

1- "though" and "at least" are not verbs.
2- "Though I have to say" is correct. It's just a standard/set expression which basically mean "though".
3- "Though I have to say" goes at the beginning. "Though" and "at least" can go in different positions, depending on the context, intended meaning and focus. Try writing some sentence using those and post them below.

Status
Not open for further replies.