Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi All,

Appreciate your support in proofreading this:

"I am writing to you to assure you that being that I am a marketer with most of my experience in telecom will never be an obstacle of working in banking sector. I know that there is of course a little difference of the banking products than the telecom ones but at the end of the day, they are the same in terms of lifecycle and both business models of banking and telecom are very similar.

The concept of marketing is the same regardless the industry in which you will apply this concept in. The most important thing is to have the know-how, strategies, and tactics and the team confirmed me having the know-how after the interview and they admitted that.

Moreover, there are many of successful people who currently work in banking and came from telecom background and have many achievements in banking and I hope that you give me the chance to be one of them.

I am sending this email as I saw that the interviewer thought this might be an obstacle and that's why I am writing to you

I also reiterate that I can fit in many positions such as Head of digital with objects of increasing digital penetration and outreach of bank's products."

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, all,

I appreciate your help in proofreading this:

[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]I write to assure you that my being a marketer with most of my experience in telecom will never be an obstacle to working in the banking sector. I know that there is, of course, a [STRIKE]little[/STRIKE] difference between banking and [STRIKE]products tha the[/STRIKE] telecom [STRIKE]ones but at the end of the day[/STRIKE], but they are the same in terms of lifecycle, and the business models [STRIKE]of banking and telecom[/STRIKE] are very similar.

The concept of marketing is the same regardless the industry[STRIKE] in which you will apply this concept in[/STRIKE]. The most important thing is to have the know-how, strategies, and tactics, and the team confirmed that I have the know-how after the interview [STRIKE]and they admitted that[/STRIKE].

Moreover, there are many of successful people who currently work in banking and came from telecom background and have many achievements in banking. I hope that you give me the chance to be one of them.

I am sending this email because the interviewer thought this might be an obstacle[STRIKE] and that's why I am writing to you[/STRIKE].

I also reiterate that I can fit in many positions, such as head of digital, with the object of increasing digital penetration and outreach of the bank's products.[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]
This is wordy. I tightened it a little. You can do more. Remember that busy people appreciate concise messages. (As a marketer, you know that.)

Quotation marks do not belong here. Only use quotation marks to quote someone. When a quotation is more than one paragraph long, put a quotation mark at the beginning of every paragraph, not just the first one.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
What is "head of digital"? It doesn't look complete as a position.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What is "head of digital"? It doesn't look complete as a position.
I'm sure it's short for head of the digital division or department. Economist writes in jargon that's familiar to everyone in the field. (It takes some getting used to.)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm sure it's short for head of the digital division or department. Economist writes in jargon that's familiar to everyone in the field. (It takes some getting used to.)

"Digital (opposite of analogue) division" still doesn't sound right. It is usually called "IT department".

Status
Not open for further replies.