rajan

Member Type
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I spent some time in a university and learnt different things. What I learnt, I tried to express those learnings in the following paragraph. Could you please check the grammatical mistakes in the following paragraph to improve it further?

On March 22nd, I joined XYZ university and on April 15th work-from-home was implemented. Between this period, I got the chance to visit different areas of the university campus and met several key people. All were professional as well as cordial. I am now in position to tell anybody where particular faculty sits and where his or her office is or where a particular building is situated within a campus. I am now well familiar with the area of the campus. Further, online induction program was organized that helped me to learn the vision of the university and also I got the insight of working of different departments in terms of their way of working and what the hierarchy of that department was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent some time [STRIKE]in a[/STRIKE] at university and learnt different things. Of course you learnt "different things". That's what university is for!

[STRIKE]What I learnt,[/STRIKE] I have tried to [STRIKE]express[/STRIKE] write about [STRIKE]those learnings[/STRIKE] some of the things I learnt in the following paragraph. Could you please check [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] it for grammatical mistakes? [STRIKE]in the following paragraph to improve it further?[/STRIKE]

On March 22nd, I joined XYZ university and on April 15th the work-from-home rule was [STRIKE]implemented[/STRIKE] brought in. Between [STRIKE]this period[/STRIKE] those dates, I got the chance to visit different areas of the university campus and [STRIKE]met[/STRIKE] to meet several key people.

All of them were professional [STRIKE]as well as[/STRIKE] and cordial. It's more natural to say "friendly".

I am now in a position to tell anybody where any particular faculty member sits, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] where his or her office is, or where a particular building is [STRIKE]situated within a[/STRIKE] on the campus.

I am now [STRIKE]well[/STRIKE] very familiar with [STRIKE]the area of[/STRIKE] the campus.

Furthermore, I attended an online induction program [STRIKE]was organized[/STRIKE] that helped me to learn about the vision of the university. [STRIKE]and also[/STRIKE] I also got [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] an insight [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] into [STRIKE]working of[/STRIKE] different departments in terms of their way of working and [STRIKE]what[/STRIKE] their hierarchy. [STRIKE]of that department was.[/STRIKE]

Note my corrections above.

I'm confused. Were you a student at the university or an employee? You have a habit of making your sentences far too long, and using "and" and "also" too often. While you're still learning, try to write shorter sentences.

I am an employee at the university. I am sorry if any of my posts gives you an impression that I am a student at the university.

To make that clear, you could have started with something like "I spent some time working at a university".

To make that clear, you could have started with something like "I spent some time working at a university".
Yes, Rajan, especially since you start by saying you learned things. That's what students do — at least sometimes!

Learnt different things

How about learnt a lot about the workings of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back