What does 'Bread and butter' mean?
Bread and butter issues are ones that affect people directly and in a very important way.
- Category: Food
Idioms similar to 'Bread and butter'
- Quarrel with bread and butter
- Like a hot knife through butter
- Butter wouldn't melt in their mouth
- Fine words butter no parsnips
- Bread and circuses
- Half a loaf is better than no bread
- Best thing since sliced bread
- Know which side one's bread is buttered on
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!