Drugs Idioms (Page 1)
Showing 1-9 of 9 results
- Cigarette paper
- If you cannot get or put a cigarette paper between people, they are so closely bonded that nothing will separate them or their positions on issues.
- Close but no cigar
- (USA) If you are close but no cigar, you are close to success or the truth, but have not got there.
- Dry as snuff
- If something is as dry as snuff, it is very dry indeed.
- High as a kite
- If someone's as high as a kite, it means they have had too much to drink or are under the influence of drugs.
- Pipe dream
- A pipe dream is an unrealistic, impractical idea or scheme.
- Put that in your pipe and smoke it
- This is used as an unsympathetic way of telling someone to accept what you have just said.
- Smoke like a chimney
- Someone who smokes very heavily smokes like a chimney.
- Smoke the peace pipe
- If people smoke the peace pipe, they stop arguing and fighting.
- Weasel words
- If somebody uses vaque and unspecific terms to try to avoid being clear about their position or opinion, they are using weasel words.
Members Get More - Sign up for free and gain access to many more idioms and slang expressions. Register now.