Health & Medicine Idioms (Page 1)
Showing 1-8 of 8 results
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Eating healthy food keeps you healthy.
- Bitter pill to swallow
- A bitter pill to swallow is something that is hard to accept.
- Just what the doctor ordered
- If something's just what the doctor ordered, it is precisely what is needed.
- Laughter is the best medicine
- Laughing is often helpful for healing, especially emotional healing.
- Poison pill
- A poison pill is a strategy designed to prevent a company from being taken over.
- Take your medicine
- If you take your medicine, you accept the consequences of something you have done wrong.
- Taste of your own medicine
- If you give someone a taste of their own medicine, you do something bad to someone that they have done to you to teach them a lesson.
- Under the knife
- If a person was under the knife, it means he/she was undergoing surgery.
Members Get More - Sign up for free and gain access to many more idioms and slang expressions. Register now.