Hunting Idioms (Page 1)
Showing 1-6 of 6 results
- Fair game
- If something or someone is fair game, then it is acceptable to target, criticise or attack them.
- Grinning like a shot fox
- (AU) If someone is grinning like a shot fox, they are smiling uncomprehendingly or smugly, looking stupid while smiling, showing that they don't really understand what's going on, like the bared teeth on the corpse of a fox.
- Run with the hare and hunt with the hounds
- This means to be a member of or to support two groups that are at odds with each other.
- Running with the hare and hunting with the hounds
- If someone is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds, they are trying to support or go with two opposing views, causes or factions at the same time.
- Tall enough to hunt geese with a rake
- (USA) A person who's much taller than a person of average height.
- That dog won't hunt
- (USA) Very common Southern US expression meaning: What you say makes no sense.
Members Get More - Sign up for free and gain access to many more idioms and slang expressions. Register now.