What does 'Dip your toes in the water' mean?
If you dip your toes in the water, you try something tentatively because you are not sure whether it will work or not.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Dip your toes in the water'
- Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink
- On your toes
- Keep someone on their toes
- Step on someone's toes
- Tread on someone's toes
- Make your toes curl
- Keep your head above water
- Blood is thicker than water
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!