Idiom: 'Pound sand'
What does 'Pound sand' mean?
- Go pound salt
- In for a penny, in for a pound
- Grey pound
- Pink pound
- Penny wise, pound foolish
- Bury your head in the sand
- Draw a line in the sand
- Pound of flesh
- Run into the sand
- Sound as a pound
- 800 pound gorilla
- Thousand pound gorilla in the room
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.