What does 'Bury your head in the sand' mean?
If someone buries their head in the sand, they ignore something that is obviously wrong.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Bury your head in the sand'
- Keep your head
- Go to your head
- Get your head around something
- All in your head
- Off the top of your head
- Over your head
- In over your head
- Fat head
- Head is mince
- Bite someone's head off
- Lose your head
- You've got rocks in your head
- Turn something on its head
- Head nor tail
- Head on the block
- Head on a spike
- Knock something on the head
- Keep your head above water
- Talk out of the back of your head
- Head over heels in love
- Stand head and shoulders above
- Bless your pointy little head
- A still tongue keeps a wise head
- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!