Meaning: If someone buries their head in the sand, they ignore something that is obviously wrong.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Bury your head in the sand'
- Get your head around something
- Fat head
- Off the top of your head
- Keep your head
- All in your head
- Over your head
- In over your head
- Go to your head
- Turn something on its head
- Bite someone's head off
- You've got rocks in your head
- Lose your head
- Head on the block
- Head nor tail
- Head on a spike
- Knock something on the head
- Keep your head above water
- Head is mince
- Stand head and shoulders above
- Bless your pointy little head
- A still tongue keeps a wise head
- Head over heels in love
- Talk out of the back of your head
- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.