What does 'Head nor tail' mean?
If you can't make head nor tail of something, you cannot understand it at all or make any sense of it.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Head nor tail'
- Have your tail up
- Chase your tail
- Work your tail off
- Get your head around something
- All in your head
- Off the top of your head
- Keep your head
- Go to your head
- Over your head
- Fat head
- In over your head
- Turn something on its head
- Head is mince
- Keep your head above water
- You've got rocks in your head
- Bite someone's head off
- Knock something on the head
- Lose your head
- Head on the block
- Head on a spike
- Talk out of the back of your head
- Bury your head in the sand
- Stand head and shoulders above
- Bless your pointy little head
- A still tongue keeps a wise head
- Head over heels in love
- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!