What does 'Head nor tail' mean?
If you can't make head nor tail of something, you cannot understand it at all or make any sense of it.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Head nor tail'
- Have your tail up
- Work your tail off
- Chase your tail
- Get your head around something
- All in your head
- Off the top of your head
- Over your head
- In over your head
- Keep your head
- Fat head
- Go to your head
- You've got rocks in your head
- Turn something on its head
- Head is mince
- Lose your head
- Bite someone's head off
- Keep your head above water
- Head on the block
- Head on a spike
- Knock something on the head
- Talk out of the back of your head
- A still tongue keeps a wise head
- Bury your head in the sand
- Stand head and shoulders above
- Head over heels in love
- Bless your pointy little head
- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!