What does 'Slip of the tongue' mean?
- Slip through one's fingers
- Many a slip twixt cup and lip
- On the tip of your tongue
- Hold your tongue
- Bite your tongue
- Tongue in cheek
- Speak with a forked tongue
- A still tongue keeps a wise head
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.