What does 'Slip of the tongue' mean?
If you say something accidentally, it is a slip of the tongue.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Slip of the tongue'
- Slip through one's fingers
- Many a slip twixt cup and lip
- On the tip of your tongue
- Hold your tongue
- Bite your tongue
- Tongue in cheek
- Speak with a forked tongue
- A still tongue keeps a wise head
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!