Idioms Beginning With: 'Z'
Showing 1 - 5
results for letter 'Z
- Zero hour
- The time when something important is to begin is zero hour.
- Zero tolerance
- If the police have a zero tolerance policy, they will not overlook any crime, no matter how small or trivial.
- Zigged before you zagged
- If you did things in the wrong order, you zigged before you zagged.
- Zip it
- This is used to tell someone to be quiet.
- Zip your lip
- If someone tells you to zip your lip, they want to to shut up or keep quiet about something. ('Zip it' is also used.)
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum. If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
Members Get More
- Sign up for free and gain access to many more idioms and slang expressions. Register now