Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I received the first dose of the vaccine in May and second dose was scheduled to June 2021, but I was not allowed to take the second dose at that time. The hospital authorities have informed me that I can’t take the second dose of the vaccine because the person who got infected before with Covid-19 within a year can receive only single dose of the vaccine as per the MOH guidelines and I got fully vaccination status in the health app, but now the vaccination status in the health app has now changed to “not fully completed vaccination status”, and the system is showing that I should take the second dose in order to get a "completed vaccination status" in the app.
Please look into this matter and advise me how to fix this issue.

Please check the sentences above and advise me if they are worded correctly.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in May and the second dose was scheduled [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for June 2021, but I was not allowed to [STRIKE]take the second dose at that time[/STRIKE] have it.

I have improved your opening sentence above. You need to rewrite the rest. From "The hospital authorities" to "in the app" is one long sentence. It covers three and a half lines of text in the box - that's too long. Please break it down into shorter sentences and post it again as a response (don't edit post #1), so that it's easier for us to deal with.

PRD2021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I have improved your opening sentence above. You need to rewrite the rest. From "The hospital authorities" to "in the app" is one long sentence. It covers three and a half lines of text in the box - that's too long. Please break it down into shorter sentences and post it again as a response (don't edit post #1), so that it's easier for us to deal with.

Thank you for your help on this.

I tried to rewrite my sentences as below. Please check and avise me if they are worded correctly.

I received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in May and the second dose was scheduled for June 2021, but I was informed that I can’t receive the second dose as per the MOH guidelines.

The reason for this is because the person who got infected before with Covid-19 within a year can receive only single dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, and later, my vaccination status has been updated to fully vaccinated status in the health app.

But now , the vaccination status has been changed to not fully vaccinated status. The system is showing that I should take the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in order to get a vaccination certificate and fully vaccinated status in the health app.

Please look into this matter and avise me.

PRD2021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Thank you for your help on this.

I tried to rewrite my sentences as below. Please check and avise me if they are worded correctly.

I received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in May and the second dose was scheduled for June 2021, but I was informed that I can’t receive the second dose as per the MOH guidelines.

The reason for this is because the person who got infected before with Covid-19 within a year can receive only single dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, and later, my vaccination status has been updated to fully vaccinated status in the health app.

But now , the vaccination status has been changed to not fully vaccinated status. The system is showing that I should take the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in order to get a vaccination certificate and fully vaccinated status in the health app.

Please look into this matter and avise me.

One again, I tried to rewrite the sentences as below. Please advise me on whether they are grammically correct.

I received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in May and the second dose was scheduled for June, but I was not allowed to receive it.

I was informed that I can’t receive the second of the vaccine as per the MOH guidelines because the person who got infected before with Covid-19 within a year can receive only single dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. Later, my vaccination status has been updated to fully vaccinated status in the health app.

But now , the vaccination status has been changed to not fully vaccinated status. The system is showing that I should take the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in order to get a vaccine certificate and fully vaccinated status in the health app.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Once again, I have tried to rewrite the sentences. [STRIKE]as below.[/STRIKE] Please [STRIKE]advise[/STRIKE] tell me [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] whether they are grammatically correct.

I received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in May; [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I was scheduled to have the second dose [STRIKE]was scheduled for[/STRIKE] in June, but I was not allowed to [STRIKE]receive[/STRIKE] get/have it.

I was informed that I [STRIKE]can’t[/STRIKE] couldn't receive the second dose of the vaccine [STRIKE]as per the MOH guidelines[/STRIKE] because, under the MOH guidelines, [STRIKE]the person[/STRIKE] anyone who got infected before with Covid-19 within [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the previous year can receive only a single dose. [STRIKE]of the Covid-19 vaccine.[/STRIKE] Later, my vaccination status [STRIKE]has been[/STRIKE] was updated to "fully vaccinated" [STRIKE]status[/STRIKE] in the health app.

[STRIKE]But now ,[/STRIKE] However, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my vaccination status has now been changed to "not fully vaccinated". [STRIKE]status.[/STRIKE] The system is showing that I [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] must [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE] get/have the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in order to get a vaccine certificate and "fully vaccinated" status in the health app.

emsr2d2

Status
Not open for further replies.