Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
A beggar.
Bob, a beggar, stands in front of a woman’s house. The woman talks to Bob “He is still young, you should find a job. Do you feel ashamed to beg?”. Bob replies “You say right, madam. I should find a job. You are very beautiful. You should go to Hollywood and become a actress”. The woman answerd “Right” and joyful give him food and money.

Please correct my mistakes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A beggar.
Bob, a beggar, stands in front of a woman’s house. The woman [STRIKE]talks[/STRIKE] says to Bob “[STRIKE]He is[/STRIKE] You are still young; you should find a job. Do you feel ashamed to beg?” (no full stop here) Bob replies “You [STRIKE]say[/STRIKE] are right, madam. I should find a job. You are very beautiful. You should go to Hollywood and become an actress”. The woman answers “Right” and [STRIKE]joyful[/STRIKE] happily gives him food and money.

Please correct my mistakes.

See above.

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my rewrite.

Bob, a beggar, stands in font of a woman’s house. The woman says to Bob “You are still young; you should find a job. Do you feel ashamed to beg?” Bob replies “You are right, madam. I should find a job. You are very beautiful. You should go to Hollywood become an actress”. Th woman answers “Right” and happily gives him food and money.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

Don't you feel ashamed of being a beggar?

Status
Not open for further replies.