Diary - I'm going to buy a book about carnivorous plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I'm going to buy a book about carnivorous plants. I'm interested in it because I had a dream many years ago. In the dream, I remember I was wandering in a desolate land with my friends. At night, the plants in that area became creepy. Every time we turned our heads around, they would turn into frenzied creatures and attack us. The experience was terrible but exciting.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I'm going to buy a book about carnivorous plants. I'm interested in them because I had a dream many years ago. In the dream, I remember I was wandering in a desolate land with my friends. At night, the plants in that area became creepy. Every time we turned our heads around, they would turn into frenzied creatures and attack us. The experience was terrible but exciting.

I had a dream many years ago. In the dream, I remember
As an exercise for you Maybo, see if you can join those.

As an exercise for you Maybo, see if you can join those.
I had a dream many years ago, in which I remember…

Is that grammatical?:ROFLMAO:

Do you really need "I remember"?

I'm going to buy a book about carnivorous plants. I'm interested in it
Are you aware that "it" there refers back to "a book". I have a feeling you wanted to explain why you're interested in carnivorous plants. If that's the case, you need "them" instead.

Are you aware that "it" there refers back to "a book". I have a feeling you wanted to explain why you're interested in carnivorous plants. If that's the case, you need "them" instead.
Post #2.

I saw that you made that change but I wasn't sure if the OP understood why. Of course, if he/she meant "the book", then "it" was correct.

I'm going to buy a book about carnivorous plants. My interest in the book is from a dream I had many years ago. I was wandering in a desolate land with my friends. At night, the plants in that area became creepy. Every time we turned our heads around, they would turn into frenzied creatures and attack us. The experience was terrible but exciting.
Is this better?

@Maybo It seems to me that your dream could be made into a horror movie.
😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back